- Medical Certificate Online endorses fair information handling practices and uses of information in compliance with its obligations under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) and the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic). Personal information will be used only for the purpose/s intended and where the intention includes confidentiality, information will be treated as such unless otherwise required by law.
- Important Definitions
- Children under age 18
We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age 18 to create Accounts that allow access to our Site. Children under the age of 18 must use the site and it’s services in conjunction with their parents. We do not provide service through the site for children below the age of 12 years.
- The Personal information we collect or maintain may include:
- Your name, age, email address, username, password, Skype address and other registration information.
- Health Information that you provide us, which may include information or records relating to your medical or health history, health status and laboratory testing results, diagnostic images, and other health related information.
- Health information about you prepared by the health care provider(s) who provide the Services through the Site such as medical records, treatment and examination notes, and other health related information.
- Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Site.
- Other information you input into the Site or related services.
- We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- To provide you with the Services.
- To improve the quality of healthcare through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities.
- To create de-identified Information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Service.
- To notify you when Site updates are available.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information.
- For any other purpose for which you give us authorisation.
- We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
- As required by law, which can include providing information as required by a court order
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- Information We Collect via Technology
As you use the Site or the Service, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third party tracking services, including:
- Site Activity Information - We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Site, such as the content of searches you perform on the Site
- Access Device and Browser Information - When you access the Site from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times (collectively, “Anonymous Information”)
- Cookies - We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies to make the Site and Service easier to use and to protect both you and Medical Certificate Online. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you will not be able to stay logged in to the Site. We presently do not honor “Do Not Track” requests across all or part of our Site
- Real-Time Location - Certain features of the Site use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device so that the Site can connect you to a health care provider who is licensed or authorized to provide services in the state where you are located
- Mobile Services - We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device or computer. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the application(s) and information about the type of device or computer you use. In addition, in the event our application(s) crashes on your mobile device we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our application(s)
- De-Identified Information
We may use de-Identified Information created by us without restriction.
- Information You Share With Third Parties
- Modification of Information
Members will be able to update some of their information through the Site. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limitations on Deletion of Information
- Steps we take to keep your information secure
We employ reasonable physical, electronic and managerial security methods to help protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information, such as encryption. But please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or data storage facility can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- Report Violations
You should report any security violations to us by sending an email to email@example.com
Agile. Innovative. Creative.
Leading Australian doctors dedicated
to serving you on your mobile,
iPad or tablet.